Pages

Sunday 6 January 2013

Week 1 of 13 - (31 Dec > 6 Jan)

WEEK 1
Mon - Rest / Ill
Tue - Rest / Ill
Wed - Rest
Thu - Lunchtime, 4 miles @ 7mins pace, Evening Track session cut short
Fri - Rest
Sat - Easy 11 miles
Sun - Long run cut short 18.5 miles
TOTAL MILEAGE - 39.4

So I wanted to start writing a blog to capture my training for the Anglo Celtic Plate and UK 100km Championships on 31st March. Looking at the above it certainly hasn't started with a bang. Having been ill over the Christmas period this was my first week back running so just to get out of the house a few times was an achievement.

Thursday night's session at the track didn't really happen but I wasn't too worried as this was my first day back running in a week. It seems that even today my legs (and most probably my mind) are not quite in the right place. I had planned a 30 mile run but decided to cut it short and start a fresh with a proper training week starting tomorrow.

My race plans in the build up to the 100km in Perth are now set. These are:

12/1 Surrey XC League Race. I can easily include the XC races into the schedule without losing too much training as these are on Saturday.

17/2 Valentine's 10km. Just wanted to have a bash at a 10km since I went through the whole of the 2012 season without doing one

24/2 Barry 40 mile track race. I don't want to go into Perth 100km cold and this gives me a good opportunity to test fitness, race nutrition and strategy. Running 161 laps on a track will also be an experience. The race organiser has informed me that Grant Jeans and Paul Fernandez are already on the entry list, so this could be a great race in the making.

31/3 Perth 100km. The big one.

Not much more to report from me for now. Hopefully I can string something like looks like a week of running together next week. I'm hoping the return to routine after the Christmas break will help.

Mileage so far: 39
Weight (kg): 68.6

No comments:

Post a Comment